This is me. Living life to its fullest.

This is me. Living life to its fullest.
I'm young, single and making the best of life :) Why NOT travel!?

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Snowed in the First day of Feb

Wow. I did absoutely nothing today. Pretty much stayed home and read. I was going to go for a jog in the park but then a snow flurry started mid-day and my plans were ruined. Not as bad as home which reached a couple feet of snow in just a small amount of time, but enough flurries to stick to ground at least. Oh! I did do some kickboxing and a little ab workout since I had to stay indoors, which got me a little bit energized.

Yesterday I explored Brighton with my friend Nancy. I should have known the snow was going to hit today because it was absolutely freezing yesterday, but at least it didn't come down when we were walking along the beach. The wind on the otherhand...I almost froze my hands off trying to take pictures and not wearing gloves. I wonder if its possibls to get chapped hands from the cold because that's what it felt like when I got home, they were chapped and numb...like chappped lips from the all-powerful wind. Anyways, we walked around town and the waterfront looking at the Brighton Pier which has its own minicarnival including food stands and rides, the beach overlooking the English channel, and Old Steine which included some fountain and the Royal Pavilion (below) and looked like Aladdin's Palace to me.
For more pics, check out my facebook album.

Its funny here how everyone goes out on the weekdays so Friday or Saturday nights aren't so special, most people actually stay in or do something low key. This past Friday my friends and I were trying to think of something low budget because we had just gone out the night before so we had a potluck at my friend, Lauren's house. It was just chill- pizza, bread, salad, cupcakes and lots of wine. I think we went through like 3-4 bottles, and still wanted more. We're going to try to make it weekly and have everyone bring a bottle so we'll have enough next time. Mmmm...I love white wine :)

Yes so Thursday night the school had this Pub Crawl where we visited 3 pubs and one club. It was kind of lame, everyone said the first one was way better. The pubs they took us to weren't even that busy and everyone wanted to leave after like 10 minutes there already. I did discover a new drink called a Tuaca shot (above: with my friend, Jen) which has smirnoff and some kind of caramel flavor...it was strong but delicious which means dangerous and getting drunk faster. The club we went to called Funky Buddha, wasn't that great either, but my friends and I made it fun! Dancing always lightens the mood. I totally thought someone said we were going to the "fucking Buddha" and I thought that was so inappropriate to name a club that, especially since Buddha is a religous figure....until I realized I heard wrong. Oops, my bad.

Oh and I got this care package (below) from my mother earlier in the week. Mostly Asian food like noodles and soup. I love my Mom :)


Goals for the week:
- Send postcards
- buy leather jacket (I've been eyeing one)
- buy Paris tickets
- finish reading Psych articles for my Thursday seminar
- Finish Breaking Dawn (which I'll probably end up doing tonight)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl! Hope you thoroughly enjoy living abroad! I'm really jealous!

Also... Once you sit down and read Breaking Dawn... you won't be able to stop! It was DEFINITELY the best one!

I'll now become a follower of your blog and can't wait to hear more about your travels!

sharla_lianne said...

Lol thanks Noelle! You're right, I totally finished it last night...I couldn't sleep until I did :)