This is me. Living life to its fullest.

This is me. Living life to its fullest.
I'm young, single and making the best of life :) Why NOT travel!?

Monday, February 2, 2009

Snow day!


I got most of today's to-do list done...including mailing my postcards, finishing Breaking Dawn (OH-EM-GEE), and buying Paris tickets (Feb 28th-March 2nd)!!!! After a full meal (I cooked rice, corned beef hash with potatoes and eggs for myself) I'm in a food coma and just want to take a nap. I just have 2 articles to read by Thursday. Since campus was closed today due to the snow (stuff I'm pretty familiar with after the blizzard that hit Seattle this past Dec), I played outside like a little kid. I guess I could enjoy it more since I didn't have to drive in it like back at home. My host sister, Mercedes, and I built a mini snow woman (above: I say its a girl because it looks like she has boobs and I got pink lint all over her from my mittens), threw snowballs and the dog Jack (which he caught in his mouth), and had a snowball fight with my host brother, Lawrence, his friend, Lee and my hostdad, Martin. It was a good bonding my moment, because I sometimes feel akward being part of their family.

After a nap, I plan to get some reading done, (I doubt it but I always have time tomorrow, especially if campus closes again), and then I'm meeting up with a friend and WALKING to town for a movie since the buses are down today. It feels pretty far, but my only worry is that I don't fall and slip in the snow...I swear I'm such a klutz, especially in this weather! Mercedes is playing her music really loud downstairs as always (her room is directly underneath mine) and the song is "You down with OPP...ya you know me" haha. Speaking of music, I've been listening to this artist non-stop since I discovered her on someone's myspace this morning. These are my top 2 favorite songs of hers, and I absolutely adore her music...its just so soothing, relaxing and happy at the same time. Just puts you in a good mood :)





We Will Not Grow Old by Lenka


Knock Knock by Lenka

No comments: