This is me. Living life to its fullest.

This is me. Living life to its fullest.
I'm young, single and making the best of life :) Why NOT travel!?

Sunday, November 30, 2008

November updates

So I realized I haven't written about my trip in a while so here are some updates:
  • I bought the new macbook so I'll have it with me most of the time to keep in touch with people through the internet and of course update this blog. Plus I'm excited about the webcam to talk to friends and family! I don't think my old laptop would have survived my trip. I absolutely love this macbook though...pretty pricey but a good investment. I've been saving up, but need to keep saving up some more for this trip!
  • My ticket came in the mail about a week ago! Well not really a ticket, but the paper confirmation. I also got an international card with it, this thing better save me money so I hope my $22 was worth it. I just have to find photo of myself and stick it on...which is wierd. I mean what if people put inappropriate pictures of themselves? Which I think is a dumb thing to do because you're going to be showing this card everywhere you go if you want discounts. Anyways, so yes I still have to add a photo on the card for it to be official.
  • My application to get Winter quarter credit through UW is due this Monday. It's not too bad, I'm almost done with it. The only main thing was to get a physical/medical examination and I forgot how "female adult physicals felt" are like...woah, but at least that's over with.
  • I got a registration letter from the University of Sussex and I'm supposed to register online for international students. They also sent an itinerary of all the events happening for international students including dinners, tours of the city and a daytrip to London (I'm super excited about this one)!
  • Darielle (my study abroad advisor) emailed all the Sussex students telling us we only had to apply for a short term visa, which I still have to do.
  • Still don't have an update from the housing office on my homestay status. I applied for homestay almost a month ago, so hopefully they get back to me ASAP. I have no idea where I'm going to live!
  • On a more personal note, my Auntie was giving me a hard time when she found out I was going to study abroad in England. My cousin just got stationed here in the Northwest (Whidbey Island) and she's freaking out because I won't get to bond with him. But I explained I'll only be gone for 3 months, and I'm pretty sure my cousin will be here for at least 6, plus he undertands....we'll just make the most of it while I'm here.
  • My other Auntie just told me she had an international phone so all I have to do is get a simcard when I get to Brighton, but I don't plan on calling home that much...that's what the computer is for, video chat and skype! But I'm pretty sure I'll need it for local calls, I imagine myself getting lost there already :/

No comments: