This is me. Living life to its fullest.

This is me. Living life to its fullest.
I'm young, single and making the best of life :) Why NOT travel!?

Monday, November 3, 2008

It's finally sinking in!

Just created a new blog for my big trip to England. I figured livejournal was too outdated, plus I needed a fresh account for my travels. I'll be writing in here consistently and updating on pre departure to-do's, my experience in Europe, and maybe a little post departure feelings. It's also kind of cool to look back on this experience later in life, at least I'll have a written account of this one-in-a-life-time opportunity.

So I had a meeting with my study abroad advisor last week and it's finally setting in that I actually am going to England! Gosh, there's so much I need to do before I leave, I can't believe I only have 2 months!

Planned departure date: Jan 5, 6 or 7th
Planned return date: March 26, 27, 28th (we'll see about this one, I maybe traveling around Europe if I'm not totally broke by then, but I should be back by April)

TO DO:
- talk to STA travel and book plane ticket
- apply for study abroad scholarship (Due by Nov 10th)
- get physical screening
- make sure my insurance is up-to-date (esp. for traveling internationally) and something about making sure my family can get my remains back to the U.S. if something should happen to me (scary!)
- apply for student visa
- meet up with other UWer's that are going
- start thinking about what I want to pack (my goal is to bring 2 medium sized suitcases, but that is a GOAL)

Ah! So many things to do , so little time!

No comments: